- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining and Heating
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
Not only legislation but more extensive processing of residues and higher diesel demand compared with petrol will also increase hydrogen's demand.
There are various hydrotreating processes in a refinery. To name a few:
Hydrodesulphurisation: sulphur compounds are hydrogenated to hydrogen sulphide H2S as feed for Claus plants
Hydroisomerisation: normal paraffins are converted into iso-paraffins to improve the product properties (e.g. RON)
Dearomatisation: aromatics are hydrogenated to cyclo paraffins or alkanes
Hydrocracking: long-chain hydrocarbons are cracked to shorter chains in the gasoline range.
Hydrogen volumes consumed increasingly exceed those produced in a platformer and have to be supplemented by other sources.
Main processes for hydrogen on-site supply:
Steam reforming of methane or other hydrocarbons
Recovery from refinery off-gases
Recovery from syngas
Gasification of oil refining residues.
Process consulting, financing, erection and start-up are all services offered by Linde. We can also provide hydrogen plant operation (over-the-fence-supply), maintenance and repair and emergency supply arrangement to ensure that your business is working at its optimum.
Click to see a larger version of the image